What would be the Capital of a World Government?

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: What would be the Capital of a World Government?

Post by Indecisive One. on Fri May 07, 2010 9:43 am

Kyle most likely it would be located in southern Europe. Around Italy, southern Germany, and Switzerland.
Indecisive One.
Minion

Male Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2010-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Indecisive One. on Fri May 07, 2010 9:50 am

Ruski wrote:Panama City. It's location is very good.\

Think about it. It has access to the world's two largest oceans. It has the capability to receive shipments from all areas in the globe with ease. It has the best possibility with all sea-faring traffic as well, due to the routes that link the two great oceans. Military units would be able to defend this area with ease as well.

Just another two bits of mine.
If there was a world gov't, why would we have to defend the capital. It sounds like your dependent on a revolution of sorts.
Indecisive One.
Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski on Fri May 07, 2010 9:53 am

Indecisive One. wrote:

Think about it. It has access to the world's two largest oceans. It has the capability to receive shipments from all areas in the globe with ease. It has the best possibility with all sea-faring traffic as well, due to the routes that link the two great oceans. Military units would be able to defend this area with ease as well.

If there was a world gov't, why would we have to defend the capital. It sounds like your dependent on a revolution of sorts.
In the event of such a situation, a position like this would be needed. And who says that the government won't have people against it? For all we know, the government could be a Totalitarian regime.
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Indecisive One. on Fri May 07, 2010 9:55 am

Ruski wrote:
Indecisive One. wrote:

In the event of such a situation, a position like this would be needed. And who says that the government won't have people against it? For all we know, the government could be a Totalitarian regime.
I thought you supported Communism? confused
Indecisive One.
Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski on Fri May 07, 2010 9:59 am

Your point has no sense. I may support communism, but you must have
completely misread my post. I said that a place that would be easily defended would be ideal in case of a revolution or a seceding or even a Coup.
Ruski
Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Indecisive One. on Fri May 07, 2010 10:01 am

In south america Coups are less likely compared to juntas. (Military takeover of the gov't) Rolling Eyes
Indecisive One.
Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski on Fri May 07, 2010 10:07 am

Indecisive One. wrote:In south america Coups are less likely compared to juntas. (Military takeover of the gov't) Rolling Eyes
A Junta is essentially a Coup. Not to mention the time in which a world capital will be achieved, if ever achieved, will be in the future. Also take note in the fact that this is not just a small group of people in a single nation that could be angry. We're talking whole countries that could revolt.
Ruski
Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Indecisive One. on Fri May 07, 2010 10:12 am

So Kyle Glenn Bradley your saying there would be a (mostly) guerrilla fighting force(unless it was back by a bigger nation.) Then all the countries loyal to the government would nuke the hell out of at least most of the dissedents. Causing to be glassed over. Sorry for the halo reference.
Indecisive One.
Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski on Fri May 07, 2010 10:18 am

Indecisive One. wrote:So Kyle Glenn Bradley your saying there would be a (mostly) guerrilla fighting force(unless it was back by a bigger nation. Then all the countries loyal to the government would nuke the hell out of at least most of the dissedents. Causing to be glassed over. Sorry for the halo reference.
I never said they would be unorganized or even a Guerrilla-warfare force. I'm just saying that an easily defendable position would be a good place. So from this, its obvious you have skewed my point. I also doubt nuclear warfare would be used. The repercussions for the world would be astonishing, it could lead to political questioning or worse. It would lead to enviromental effects that would effect the entire globe.

So all in all, your post and logic makes no sense.
Ruski
Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Indecisive One. on Fri May 07, 2010 10:21 am

Ruski wrote:
Indecisive One. wrote:So Kyle Glenn Bradley your saying there would be a (mostly) guerrilla fighting force(unless it was back by a bigger nation. Then all the countries loyal to the government would nuke the hell out of at least most of the dissedents. Causing to be glassed over. Sorry for the halo reference.
I never said they would be unorganized or even a Guerrilla-warfare force. I'm just saying that an easily defendable position would be a good place. So from this, its obvious you have skewed my point. I also doubt nuclear warfare would be used. The repercussions for the world would be astonishing, it could lead to political questioning or worse. It would lead to enviromental effects that would effect the entire globe.

So all in all, your post and logic makes no sense.
A good military defense position is important. But I just think the world would pick a more temperate location like my earlier posts said.
Indecisive One.
Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski on Fri May 07, 2010 10:25 am

I would also like to point out that the use of my name was to elicit some kind of emotional or personal response from me, as it was very unneeded. The position of city is fine. Also remember, the World's capital would most likely be the most advanced, so Panama would likely see a huge overhaul.
Ruski
Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo on Sun May 09, 2010 11:35 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:The ironic thing is that you were telling Ruski that his choice was dumb, but then included a dumb choice within your ultimatum. Anyway, all of this doesn't matter, because either Berlin or Bern will be the world capital.
Care to explain how? Rome and New York are both port cities with significant historical value. The Roman Empire ruled "The World" for a period of relatively 600-700 years, while Germany held the same position for closer to 5. Even after the Roman Empire fell, Rome retained it's influence throughout the continent and had a huge cultural impact on Europe and the colonies of Europe, putting it's total time in the spotlight around 2000 years. Rome is the most historically significant human city since Babylon. Berlin however, has only impacted the rest of the world for a brief moment in the first half of the 20th century, and the effect it had is universally agreed to have been negative.

But this is assuming you were speaking of Rome. New York is a port city as well, making it easily accessible for the shipment of goods, something that would be a huge deal for the capitol of the world. New York has the most diverse gene pool in all of the world, which means that out of all the world's current cities it would represent humanity the best.

Bern is a strong contender though. If the city is to be chosen, not founded, then one likely choice would be one which is renowned for it's neutrality and love for peace.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo on Mon May 10, 2010 12:43 am

Dud Doodoo wrote:Care to explain how? Rome and New York are both port cities with significant historical value. The Roman Empire ruled "The World" for a period of relatively 600-700 years, while Germany held the same position for closer to 5. Even after the Roman Empire fell, Rome retained it's influence throughout the continent and had a huge cultural impact on Europe and the colonies of Europe, putting it's total time in the spotlight around 2000 years. Rome is the most historically significant human city since Babylon. Berlin however, has only impacted the rest of the world for a brief moment in the first half of the 20th century, and the effect it had is universally agreed to have been negative.

If we ignore the fact that the Kingdom of Germany was effectively in charge of the Holy Roman Empire for quite a large sum of those years, and if we ignore the German Empire, which was quite a major player in Europe in the early 20th Century, and if we ignore Germany and, more importantly, Berlin as the point of continual conflict and thus a major focus of the Cold War, and if we ignore the first year of World War II, then yes, Berlin has only effected the world in an extremely major way for about five years. Of course, with that in mind, the only real contenders are going to be Rome, Babylon, and maybe Cairo.

You see, the thing that makes Berlin so ideal is location. If you look at a regular map, Berlin is practically smack dab in the center of the developed world. It is about halfway between the United States and China, and geographically near the heart of Europe. Berlin is a large city that is culturally diverse, especially after the whole Cold War incident, and is financially sound.

And that's not even getting into the fact that Italy is deeper into debt than Ireland is!

Dud Doodoo wrote:But this is assuming you were speaking of Rome. New York is a port city as well, making it easily accessible for the shipment of goods, something that would be a huge deal for the capitol of the world. New York has the most diverse gene pool in all of the world, which means that out of all the world's current cities it would represent humanity the best.

The issue is that no European will want the capital of the world to be in the United States, because everyone outside of the United States can't get over hating us with every fiber of their being. Not to mention that putting the capital in Europe may appease the Chinese, who will undoubtably be very upset if the capital is not only in the United States, but in the least accessible city of the United States to them.

Dud Doodoo wrote:Bern is a strong contender though. If the city is to be chosen, not founded, then one likely choice would be one which is renowned for it's neutrality and love for peace.

I think the thing that makes Bern such a strong contender is that Switzerland is a militarily secure nation and Bern is practically already the economic capital of the world. I mean, what rich motherfucker doesn't have a Swiss bank account?

Male Number of posts : 4540
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Indecisive One. on Mon May 10, 2010 5:41 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:I think the thing that makes Bern such a strong contender is that Switzerland is a militarily secure nation and Bern is practically already the economic capital of the world. I mean, what rich motherfucker doesn't have a Swiss bank account?
I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. But NYC seems like a good contender.
Indecisive One.
Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mafiafran on Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:52 am

THE CAPITAL WOULD BE THE INTERWEBZ!!!

Online gokkasten
online bingo

mafiafran
Minion

Male Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-10-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RX on Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:03 pm

I like the idea of Bern or Berlin actually
RX
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1957
Registration date : 2008-12-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski on Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:10 pm

Sydney maybe? Although Bern sounds good too.
Ruski
Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Spicyweiner on Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:19 pm

Most definitely Cleveland Razz
Carlos Spicyweiner
Minion

Male Number of posts : 803
Registration date : 2008-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:26 am

Why Imaginationland of course Very Happy
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2082
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyApothecary on Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:26 am

i vote the place where man first took his first evolutionary steps.... but that place is unknown and it would make the creationist go crazy....... also if we are going for "rule the world at one point" i would say the capital of Mongolia, Ulan Bator... but it is land locked if i recall correctly....
GreyApothecary
Minion

Male Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-09-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan on Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:01 pm

GreyApothecary wrote:i vote the place where man first took his first evolutionary steps.... but that place is unknown and it would make the creationist go crazy....... also if we are going for "rule the world at one point" i would say the capital of Mongolia, Ulan Bator... but it is land locked if i recall correctly....
...Why the Mongolian capital...?
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:20 pm

Let's not have a world capitol

[00:17:22] @ KrAzY : new law.
[00:17:28] @ KrAzY : the law can now be a person.
[00:17:28] @ XNate02 : The Law, can only be The Law.
[00:17:32] @ Gauz : I'd kick everyone....
[00:17:37] @ KrAzY : and that person is seath
[00:17:39] @ kasrkin seath : YES
------------------------------------------
[02:22:43] @ KrAzY : the reason we all come to TCF is because Seath is too Lord Pheonix damn sexy to stop.
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyApothecary on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:27 pm

Gold Spartan wrote:
GreyApothecary wrote:i vote the place where man first took his first evolutionary steps.... but that place is unknown and it would make the creationist go crazy....... also if we are going for "rule the world at one point" i would say the capital of Mongolia, Ulan Bator... but it is land locked if i recall correctly....
...Why the Mongolian capital...?
i am a khan fan more then a roman one.....
GreyApothecary
Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyxknight on Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:12 pm

we could always build a space station
Onyxknight
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1833
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyApothecary on Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:08 am

space station?
i would presume that would be the first target for an alien race trying to conquer to world
GreyApothecary
Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next