TitanFall

Go down

TitanFall

Post by KristallNacht on Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:36 pm

Who made it into the beta and what platform? I got it on PC.

(Me being Awesome)
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TitanFall

Post by Nocbl2 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:32 pm

Got it on PC.

Note to self: don't play with randoms.
avatar
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Age : 19
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TitanFall

Post by KristallNacht on Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:24 pm

I haven't had any trouble with randoms.
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TitanFall

Post by Angatar on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:53 pm

If anyone remembers Broken Line Studios, this video reminded me of that for some reason.

_________________
avatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 22
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TitanFall

Post by Zaki90 on Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:24 am

I just got it on the Xbox One. It's actually a lot fun, but I get a feeling that the rather-seamless gameplay came at the cost of a campaign in order to rush the game for the next-gen console launch.

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764
Age : 25
Registration date : 2009-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TitanFall

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:35 am

Angatar wrote:If anyone remembers Broken Line Studios, this video reminded me of that for some reason.
Probably because Titanfall was basically what we were planning for Project Aftermath, if only we'd actually had an idea of how to go about it.

Zaki90 wrote:I just got it on the Xbox One. It's actually a lot fun, but I get a feeling that the rather-seamless gameplay came at the cost of a campaign in order to rush the game for the next-gen console launch.
Very likely. I think the developers said they'd work on that next.
avatar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 28
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TitanFall

Post by Zaki90 on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:24 pm

Wait really? As DLC or as another game?

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764
Age : 25
Registration date : 2009-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TitanFall

Post by Dud Doodoo on Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:48 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Angatar wrote:If anyone remembers Broken Line Studios, this video reminded me of that for some reason.
Probably because Titanfall was basically what we were planning for Project Aftermath, if only we'd actually had an idea of how to go about it.
There really was next to know concrete idea as to how to implement the massive campaigns Velo had planned. He wrote a books worth about 3 whole installments, made a shitfuckbus of models but I never saw anything in game. Had any of you even decided on an engine?

The whole thing was basically one huge story of how America sucks and gets wiped off the planet so everyone else could pretend we were never there in the first place...from what I remember xD

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Age : 23
Location : Okinawa, Japan
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Re: TitanFall

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:48 pm

Dud Doodoo wrote:
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Angatar wrote:If anyone remembers Broken Line Studios, this video reminded me of that for some reason.
Probably because Titanfall was basically what we were planning for Project Aftermath, if only we'd actually had an idea of how to go about it.
There really was next to know concrete idea as to how to implement the massive campaigns Velo had planned.  He wrote a books worth about 3 whole installments, made a shitfuckbus of models but I never saw anything in game.  Had any of you even decided on an engine?
Yeah, we were going for the CryENGINE.

Dud Doodoo wrote:The whole thing was basically one huge story of how America sucks and gets wiped off the planet so everyone else could pretend we were never there in the first place...from what I remember xD
America sucks because both the Democrat's worst fears (Warmongering fascist president, peak oil) and the Republican's worst fears (UN occupation, nuclear terr'ist attacks) come true. It was political satire written by an idiot 18-year old me.
avatar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 28
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TitanFall

Post by Dud Doodoo on Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:56 pm

For some reason I remembered Velo writing it. And holy shit...Were you really 18? I must have been like 5, you old bastard. I remember much of it following WWII, but with mechs and stuff. I found it to be an interesting read and you should post it if you can dig it up out of the abandoned catacombs of the internet.

Did you actually have anything in game though?

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Age : 23
Location : Okinawa, Japan
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Re: TitanFall

Post by KrAzY on Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:39 pm

nothing ingame, I think velo might have tried importing a model into some RTS game at some point. but those models were very much not optimized for a game engine, and didnt have any rigs or anything to animate or any textures... so it would have just been a still model of game-crashing complexity and polycount sliding around with no animation. haha
avatar
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3963
Age : 28
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TitanFall

Post by Dud Doodoo on Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:42 pm

Sounds like early HHF lol. Speaking of which, I'm amazed to see that all these years later it still won't fucking die, and is thriving.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Age : 23
Location : Okinawa, Japan
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Re: TitanFall

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:17 pm

Dud Doodoo wrote:For some reason I remembered Velo writing it.  And holy shit...Were you really 18?  I must have been like 5, you old bastard.  I remember much of it following WWII, but with mechs and stuff.  I found it to be an interesting read and you should post it if you can dig it up out of the abandoned catacombs of the internet.
Come to think of it, I was seventeen.

And I don't have anything from the old days, but I remember most of it. If I wrote up an overview, would you guys be interested in reading it?
avatar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 28
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TitanFall

Post by Angatar on Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:00 pm

Of course! I miss the BLS Party Hard Robot. I keep looking for it online but never find it.

_________________
avatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 22
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TitanFall

Post by KrAzY on Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:42 pm

its on my photobucket
avatar
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3963
Age : 28
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TitanFall

Post by Lord Pheonix on Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:10 pm


_________________

avatar
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7569
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile http://crimsonflame.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: TitanFall

Post by Angatar on Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:42 am

Mine's bigger, LP.



Thanks, Mr.Inferior of the two Admins!

_________________
avatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 22
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TitanFall

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum