Gods Why

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Gods Why

Post by Lord Pheonix on Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:30 pm

Whichever one i'm the mod of is the correct one.

Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7569
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile http://crimsonflame.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY on Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:19 pm

the best part is that I am in both groups... oops
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3963
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo on Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:27 pm

I'm in both groups too. Razz

Male Number of posts : 4540
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix on Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:26 pm

Same probs

Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7569
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile http://crimsonflame.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix on Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:46 pm

huh I'm in neither lol
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2081
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:22 pm

I'm also in both, as well as lax's weird legion of the damned thing that we do war thunder in
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laxspartan007 on Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:49 am

SSSHHHHHHHH
laxspartan007
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2009-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY on Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:36 am

thats why we don't give government secrets to children, lax
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laxspartan007 on Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:58 am

and now we know

laxspartan007
Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 on Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:04 pm

Mr.Inferior of the two Admins wrote:thats why we don't give government secrets to children, lax
the men are men, the women are men and the children are FBI agents
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski on Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:48 pm

I don't know how I feel about this announcement. Part of me is excited. But a rather larger part is remembering the dogshit that was Halo Wars.

Tbh guys, even if they do release a gameplay video, I'd take it with a grain of salt (anyone remember the 2007 video being awesome, then everything afterwards being a huge disappointment?).

Though I do like Creative Assembly, let's not forget the fact that even games that they've devoted their entire manpower into have come out both buggy and lacking in features that warrant a buy until much later down the road. The fact that this is on their 3rd burner, I'd expect a truly buggy mess. Not to mention, I have a hard time getting into the present day Halo lore that's been established. Just doesn't appeal to me that much anymore.
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laxspartan007 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:38 am

nothing to add...just ^^
laxspartan007
Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo on Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:26 am

Vigil wrote:
Now I think I made it clear both in my early impressions when I got the demo early (Cos I was in the canned Alpha, Thanks Dud) and at launch 6 years ago and the following years following it, I had a pretty strong opinion on the game, as I was not shy to point out the problems the game had. Hell, I played the multiplayer and got to General back when getting to General actually meant something (Back when it was 3.4 million points or something ridiculous) before they dropped it and still kept going. I can confidently say I have probably played more of that one game than anybody else on this forum combined.
Don't pretend like you didn't enjoy our little reign of terror/going away party.  

As far as the game goes, I can't help but be skeptical.  I'm not going to outright condemn it like most of you, I disliked the first one as much as anyone but that said it still had some redeeming qualities.  If nothing else, the concept of a Halo RTS still interests me to this day.  I suppose I'm one of the few that still enjoy the franchise overall.  Halo 4 was a bit far fetched at times but regardless there was more going on in the story and with the characters than Halo 3 or Reach.  (Not claiming it was better than 3, relax)  So far, everything I've seen about Halo 5 has kept me optimistic.  Halo Wars 2 at best will be a better attempt at the concept while suffering a buggy release (As much as I love them, it's CA's trademark at this point) At worst, it will be everything that was wrong with the first cross bred with Stormrise.  If you don't know it, look it up.  It was CA's first forgotten attempt at console RTS.

Regardless of how we all feel about it though, it's interesting to look back on where we all were all those years ago.  We had such an unreasonable air of optimism and creativity that we forged a community that is still going strong...9 years later???  In 2006 I was 12 years old.  I am now 21 and a marine living in Japan.  I've experienced more in my life during the years I was in the Crimson Flame community than before it.  I know it's been ages since I've been on here last but I honestly do cherish this community.  You guys played a major part in developing who I am as a person.  You taught me how to write, how to debate, how to view information and think critically instead of merely accepting it.  You sparked my creativity and my intellect.  More than that, I've had fun during all our shenanegans and nerdy arguments.  I really want to make an effort to reconnect this community as much as possible.  Lets make a steam group, or get active in the old ones.  Actually plan to play some games or some shit.  I have an XBONE as well if any of you actually bothered to get one.

I love you fuckers no homo

Just kidding.

All the homo.

8==D

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528

View user profile http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by Elabajaba on Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:41 pm

Dud Doodoo wrote:As far as the game goes, I can't help but be skeptical.  I'm not going to outright condemn it like most of you, I disliked the first one as much as anyone but that said it still had some redeeming qualities.  If nothing else, the concept of a Halo RTS still interests me to this day.  I suppose I'm one of the few that still enjoy the franchise overall.  Halo 4 was a bit far fetched at times but regardless there was more going on in the story and with the characters than Halo 3 or Reach.  (Not claiming it was better than 3, relax)  So far, everything I've seen about Halo 5 has kept me optimistic.  Halo Wars 2 at best will be a better attempt at the concept while suffering a buggy release (As much as I love them, it's CA's trademark at this point) At worst, it will be everything that was wrong with the first cross bred with Stormrise.  If you don't know it, look it up.  It was CA's first forgotten attempt at console RTS.

I remember being excited for it when I first saw the trailer about how it looked like units weren't just restricted to a 2d plane and could get on top of buildings and stuff, too bad it ended up being shit. It was made by Creative Assembly Australia though which closed in 2013, so hopefully it won't be that bad.

As for Halo 5, I was excited when I heard the guy who directed SW:Republic Commando was directing it, but after watching the trailers and some multiplayer warzone gameplay I just lost interest in it.

Also still waiting on that civ 5 game that was supposed to happen.[/quote]

Last edited by Elabajaba on Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:25 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fixed quote)

Elabajaba
Crimson Epileptic

Male Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2009-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix on Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:43 pm

Elabajaba wrote:
Dud Doodoo wrote:
Vigil wrote:As far as the game goes, I can't help but be skeptical.  I'm not going to outright condemn it like most of you, I disliked the first one as much as anyone but that said it still had some redeeming qualities.  If nothing else, the concept of a Halo RTS still interests me to this day.  I suppose I'm one of the few that still enjoy the franchise overall.  Halo 4 was a bit far fetched at times but regardless there was more going on in the story and with the characters than Halo 3 or Reach.  (Not claiming it was better than 3, relax)  So far, everything I've seen about Halo 5 has kept me optimistic.  Halo Wars 2 at best will be a better attempt at the concept while suffering a buggy release (As much as I love them, it's CA's trademark at this point) At worst, it will be everything that was wrong with the first cross bred with Stormrise.  If you don't know it, look it up.  It was CA's first forgotten attempt at console RTS.

I remember being excited for it when I first saw the trailer about how it looked like units weren't just restricted to a 2d plane and could get on top of buildings and stuff, too bad it ended up being shit. It was made by Creative Assembly Australia though which closed in 2013, so hopefully it won't be that bad.

As for Halo 5, I was excited when I heard the guy who directed SW:Republic Commando was directing it, but after watching the trailers and some multiplayer warzone gameplay I just lost interest in it.

Also still waiting on that civ 5 game that was supposed to happen.

I'm honestly excited for the story of Halo 5, I really want to know if they have sort of halo 2 approach where you play as both sides. Or maybe have two entirely different campaigns with different endings (highly doubt that but still worth thinking about). Alas I have no xbox one so I will probably just watch the entire run through the day after it comes out.

And we all are waiting. One day. One day...
Felix
Banana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 on Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:19 pm

I'm guessing they'll go for a Windows 10 release later on, given that they've built Windows 10 and Xbox One to be fairly compatible and they're definitely doing it for Halo Wars. I figure they'll try and get everyone to get Xbox Ones for Halo 5 and once those sales start to drop off, they'll release a port to the estranged former-Xbox gamers on PC.
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine on Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:40 am

Holy shit i'm nostalgiaing so hard...tbh i kinda forget about TCF but damn this entire things brings back memories.

Regardless of how we all feel about it though, it's interesting to look back on where we all were all those years ago.  We had such an unreasonable air of optimism and creativity that we forged a community that is still going strong...9 years later???  In 2006 I was 12 years old.  I am now 21 and a marine living in Japan.  I've experienced more in my life during the years I was in the Crimson Flame community than before it.  I know it's been ages since I've been on here last but I honestly do cherish this community.  You guys played a major part in developing who I am as a person.  You taught me how to write, how to debate, how to view information and think critically instead of merely accepting it.  You sparked my creativity and my intellect.  More than that, I've had fun during all our shenanegans and nerdy arguments.  I really want to make an effort to reconnect this community as much as possible.  Lets make a steam group, or get active in the old ones.  Actually plan to play some games or some shit.

^^Definitely agree.  I've changed a lot since i randomly stumbled upon the Halo Wars forum, but as nerdy as it is it's completely changed my life.  How to think, how to debate, how to look at the world and develop ideas.  While my internet addiction has been far from totally beneficial, it has been a pretty big part of my life and has definitely influenced me, perhaps more than anything else i have done.  Now i'm left to wonder, what if 12-year-old me in 2008 hadn't looked at Halowars.com? If i hadn't pressed "forum" despite not actually knowing what that means. If the first thread i had clicked on wasn't "How to Implement the Flood". If i hadn't felt like digging through the 80+ pages worth of content.

Damn...i miss that forum, fucking around, the "fuck you" sendoff...
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY on Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:07 pm

haha, even how slow we are today is still pretty fast compared to literally every other community I have been in online. I still play with people from TCF (albeit infrequently, which I want to change) while I cant even remember the names of people in other groups.

I still check here every day for new posts, even though there are often weeks with no new posts, haha

we have grown beyond halo, into real people
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine on Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:56 pm

Mr.Inferior of the two Admins wrote:we have grown beyond halo, into real people

Eh, i wouldn't go that far.
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY on Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:53 pm

I wasn't counting noc
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix on Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:32 pm

Nocbl2 wrote:I'm guessing they'll go for a Windows 10 release later on, given that they've built Windows 10 and Xbox One to be fairly compatible and they're definitely doing it for Halo Wars. I figure they'll try and get everyone to get Xbox Ones for Halo 5 and once those sales start to drop off, they'll release a port to the estranged former-Xbox gamers on PC.

I don't know if they'll do a later on release for PC, as it says it comes out for xbox and PC. Strange in my eyes, since they were trying so hard to keep the first one to console.
Felix
Banana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3