Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Legalization of Marijuana

Post by PiEdude on Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:52 pm

No.

Pot is a whole hell of a lot damaging in the long run than you think.
It may be "Natural" and unaddicting, but it still causes all of the same long-term damage as smoking, and causes demotivational syndrome.

Most of the beaners in my school smoke pot.
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:52 pm

EDIT: Fuck, Double-Post.
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:06 pm

I say let people have it. It will only diminish crime. I would like to (rarely) smoke it every once and a while (with friends) if it was legal. If others want to be stupid and do it too much, let them. I care not.
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht on Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:22 pm

See, the thing is, I know a LOT of people that take AP and Honors classes, and have over a 4.0 GPA that do smoke on a regular bases, some even everyday.

Most things people that don't know what they are talking about (like pieman) say are just myths. Marijuana doesn't cause cancer. Smoke does. There are more than 1 way to get marijuana into your system. Second, LIVING causes cancer, so I don't see why living is legal, as it ultimately leads to death.
KristallNacht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:34 am

People complain, and I see all the advertisements, about how the cigarette companies are SOO EVIL! I really don't give a shit. We've all known that smoking causes cancer (Among other things,) for a number of decades now. EVERYBODY KNOWS THEY ARE BAD. People still smoke. If anyone is dumb enough to do it (cigarettes) I don't really care about their well-being. I support population control.
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:38 am

Marajuana is a gateway drug. It by itself doens't have terrible conciquences, but it has a huge influence on your likelyhood to take other, much worse drugs. Most people that take marajuana build up a tollerance too fast, so they have to go to a more powerful, more damaging drug like Heroin.

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by rzgrz on Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:13 am

I am sorry peeps but i have to say no with this... Marijuana is not good period... even though some used it for medicine in the past now it is altered as whatever it is now. so i say no...
rzgrz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by team dfc on Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:44 pm

I don't care let some farmers grow it and sell it for profit

not like it will affect me much
team dfc
Minion

Male Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:52 pm

I more just think that it should be legalized at a FEDERAL level. If states want to restrict it... go ahead.
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Corleone on Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:55 pm

ill have to say no.

The thought of every other driver being high just kinda erks me.

Don Corleone
Minion

Male Number of posts : 573

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne on Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:19 pm

Don Corleone wrote:

this.

there are enough drunk people on the roads without high people as well

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:31 pm

ReconToaster wrote:People complain, and I see all the advertisements, about how the cigarette companies are SOO EVIL! I really don't give a shit. We've all known that smoking causes cancer (Among other things,) for a number of decades now. EVERYBODY KNOWS THEY ARE BAD. People still smoke. If anyone is dumb enough to do it (cigarettes) I don't really care about their well-being. I support population control.

Odd. How odd.
I actually, vaguely, agree with Recon on something.

There's few things that irk me more than restrictions and taxes on cigarettes. They aren't there because they cause cancer, folks. The taxes are there because the smokers are a minority, and Congress knows they are unpopular enough to make a living off of.
And it's deuced odd, how the hippies that are so eager to completely ban smoking, even in your own house, want to legalize marijuana.

Because of the mind altering effects (Even moreso than alcohol) of Marijuana, and the fact that it's a gateway drug, I say a firm NO to marijuana.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyxknight on Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:41 pm

i say yes to pot but only with farmers and i should say it should be with alchol in whoever wants to make it legal *like a dry or wet county* and if caught under the influence while driving should be punushed more severily than alchol
Onyxknight
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1833

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:55 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:And it's deuced odd, how the hippies that are so eager to completely ban smoking, even in your own house, want to legalize marijuana.
lol, you mean the LSD suckers?

For those of you that don't think it will effect you, think of what don said. Driving, among other dangerous activites, will be impared by those who do use it because it's now legal and will greatly increase your danger. Seriously, how many High Schoolers do you want on the streets that are high on marajuana? Even if it's illegal for them to do it, legalizing it will make it very easy to obtain.

Back to top Go down

Post by team dfc on Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:57 pm

CivBase wrote:
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:And it's deuced odd, how the hippies that are so eager to completely ban smoking, even in your own house, want to legalize marijuana.
lol, you mean the LSD suckers?

For those of you that don't think it will effect you, think of what don said. Driving, among other dangerous activites, will be impared by those who do use it because it's now legal and will greatly increase your danger. Seriously, how many High Schoolers do you want on the streets that are high on marajuana? Even if it's illegal for them to do it, legalizing it will make it very easy to obtain.
I live off the highway

I will have low chance of something bad is going to run me over in my house or in my yard
team dfc
Minion

Male Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht on Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:58 pm

ReconToaster wrote:People complain, and I see all the advertisements, about how the cigarette companies are SOO EVIL! I really don't give a shit. We've all known that smoking causes cancer (Among other things,) for a number of decades now. EVERYBODY KNOWS THEY ARE BAD. People still smoke. If anyone is dumb enough to do it (cigarettes) I don't really care about their well-being. I support population control.

The thing is cigarettes are designed to be addictive by nature.

CivBase wrote:Marajuana is a gateway drug. It by itself doens't have terrible conciquences, but it has a huge influence on your likelyhood to take other, much worse drugs. Most people that take marajuana build up a tollerance too fast, so they have to go to a more powerful, more damaging drug like Heroin.

This is actually false. Nearly everyone I know that regularly smokes weed has no intentions of moving onto other things. The thing that makes marijuana a gateway is not the drug itself, but the people providing it. A drug dealer has no qualms about getting someone hooked on more hardcore drugs. But if you take those people out of the picture, but no longer requiring users to deal with such people, hardcore drug use would greatly reduce.

I'm guessing you know very few 'druggies'...
rzgrz wrote:I am sorry peeps but i have to say no with this... Marijuana is not good period... even though some used it for medicine in the past now it is altered as whatever it is now. so i say no...
It's still pretty much the same as it was.

Don Corleone wrote:ill have to say no.

DUIs would still exist.

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
And it's deuced odd, how the hippies that are so eager to completely ban smoking, even in your own house, want to legalize marijuana.

Because of the mind altering effects (Even moreso than alcohol) of Marijuana, and the fact that it's a gateway drug, I say a firm NO to marijuana.

Actually cigarrettes are considered bad because they are designed purely for the purpose of makign moeny and have no positive effects whatsoever.

Second, Marijuana has MUCH smaller effects than Alcohol, and what it does do actually can't be compared to alcohol other than the sense it's a lot safer.

1. If you consider the chance of getting in an accident (car) on a normal tentative person to be 1, the effects of driving legally drunk increase this chance to 5. Marijuana only increases it to 3. Still dangerous, but much less so.

2. Alcohol has very adverse effects on human behavior, from person to person and liquor type to liquor type. These can range from chill to VERY aggressive and irrational. Marijuana essentially has the same result on everyone that it actually greatly reduces the chance of the individual hurting themselves or others.

3. You can get alcohol poisoning. It is IMPOSSIBLE to OD on Marijuana. The difference/seriousness in liver v. lung damage has yet to be concluded upon.
KristallNacht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:08 pm

*someone seems awfuly protective over drugs and alcohol*

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:12 pm

Sry for the double post, but this has to be done.
KristallNacht wrote:

The thing is cigarettes are designed to be addictive by nature.
People try smoking, they think they can quit easily. The nicotine keeps them thinking this until they finaly try to quit. That's when it hits them. While you don't usualy get hooked on the first one, it comes more often than not. You're 100% right, they're designed to be adictive. While else would people smoke something that has such a high death rate and contains 43 carcinogens (cancer causing chemicals) among thousands of other toxins such as tar, polonium 210 (radioactive), methyl alcohol (poisonous and causes blindness), and pesticides.

KristallNacht wrote:
CivBase wrote:Marajuana is a gateway drug. It by itself doens't have terrible conciquences, but it has a huge influence on your likelyhood to take other, much worse drugs. Most people that take marajuana build up a tollerance too fast, so they have to go to a more powerful, more damaging drug like Heroin.

This is actually false. Nearly everyone I know that regularly smokes weed has no intentions of moving onto other things. The thing that makes marijuana a gateway is not the drug itself, but the people providing it. A drug dealer has no qualms about getting someone hooked on more hardcore drugs. But if you take those people out of the picture, but no longer requiring users to deal with such people, hardcore drug use would greatly reduce.

Maybe at first, but after a while it will get worse. You just wait.

KristallNacht wrote:I'm guessing you know very few 'druggies'...
Nope, but I know people who do.

KristallNacht wrote:
rzgrz wrote:I am sorry peeps but i have to say no with this... Marijuana is not good period... even though some used it for medicine in the past now it is altered as whatever it is now. so i say no...
It's still pretty much the same as it was.
Yup, exactly why they don't use it for medicine anymore.

KristallNacht wrote:
Don Corleone wrote:ill have to say no.

DUIs would still exist.
That gives me oodles of hope when taking into concideration that DUIs are the 2nd leading cause in preventable deaths.

KristallNacht wrote:
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:

Actually cigarrettes are considered bad because they are designed purely for the purpose of makign moeny and have no positive effects whatsoever.
Yah, and the fact that they do nothing but kill you, don't forget that little tidbit.

KristallNacht wrote:Second, Marijuana has MUCH smaller effects than Alcohol, and what it does do actually can't be compared to alcohol other than the sense it's a lot safer.
So what? Personaly, I think alcohol should be outlawed, but that ain't gunna happen after it's been legal for so long. It still has absolutely no positive effects. I challenge you to find even one.

KristallNacht wrote:1. If you consider the chance of getting in an accident (car) on a normal tentative person to be 1, the effects of driving legally drunk increase this chance to 5. Marijuana only increases it to 3. Still dangerous, but much less so.
So why should we legalize it again? Just seems to make things worse. Just like saying "well, I know I'm already going to die earilier because I'm using marajuana... might as well add smoking and alcoholism to that! Screw my body up real good that way"

KristallNacht wrote:2. Alcohol has very adverse effects on human behavior, from person to person and liquor type to liquor type. These can range from chill to VERY aggressive and irrational. Marijuana essentially has the same result on everyone that it actually greatly reduces the chance of the individual hurting themselves or others.
Oh really? I don't see how something that does the folowing could reduce someone from hurting themselves.

• Alters and damages brain cells controlling thinking, emotion, pleasure, coordination, mood, and memory. The pituitary gland is also damaged which regulates hunger, thirst, blood pressure, sexual behavior, and release of sex hormones.
  • Accumulates in the microscopic spaces between nerve cells in the brain which interfers by slowing and impairing transfer of critical information.
  • [long term] Causes the brain to stop production of brain chemicals necessary to "feel good" - a negative feedback condition. And, the user becomes chemically addicted to marijuana.
  • Speeds up heartbeat as much as 50%, increases blood pressure, and poses great risk to those with hypertension and heart disease.
  • Damages network of glands, organs, and hormones involved in growth and development, energy levels, and reproduction.
  • Decrease and degenerate sperm, sperm count, movement, and cause lowered sex drive. Females can have egg damage, suppression of ovulation, disrupt menstrual cycles, and alteration of hormone levels.
  • Destroy number of chromosomes, resulting in cell abnormalities and impared function.
  • Irritates membranes of the esophagus.
  • Increases chance of developing cancer of layrnx and esophagus.
  • Significant damage and distruction of the air sacs of the lungs, reducing the lungs ability to bring in oxygen and remove carbon dioxide - Emphysema.
  • Causes bronchial tubes to be inflamed, thickened, and to produce more mucus; resulting in narrowing of the air passages - Chronic Bronchitis.
  • Smoke has twice as much tar as cigarette smoke and significantly increases chance of lung cancer, inflammation and infection.
  • Depresses immune systems' ability to protect itself against invading bacteria, viruses, chemicals, foreign particles, parasites, fungal microorganisms, infections, and decreases ability to protect and prevent growth of cancer cells throughout the body.

Sounds pretty harmful to me.

KristallNacht wrote:3. You can get alcohol poisoning. It is IMPOSSIBLE to OD on Marijuana. The difference/seriousness in liver v. lung damage has yet to be concluded upon.
Yah, but according to the list above, it's not impossible to die of it's effects.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix on Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:16 pm

Remember NT, we already banned alcohol once...........................didn't go so well..............

Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7569
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile http://crimsonflame.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:19 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:Remember NT, we already banned alcohol once...........................didn't go so well..............
Isn't he for lowering the legal drinking age? lol, I don't think he's all about proabition

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:28 am

CivBase wrote:
KristallNacht wrote:Second, Marijuana has MUCH smaller effects than Alcohol, and what it does do actually can't be compared to alcohol other than the sense it's a lot safer.
So what? Personaly, I think alcohol should be outlawed, but that ain't gunna happen after it's been legal for so long. It still has absolutely no positive effects. I challenge you to find even one.

I actually agreed with you right up until this point.
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:34 am

PiEdude wrote:
CivBase wrote:

I actually agreed with you right up until this point.
Pie, proabition is never going to happen, so don't think I'm going out on the streets with picket signs trying to get alcohol outlawed.

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht on Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:04 pm

CivBase wrote:
Maybe at first, but after a while it will get worse. You just wait.

Your point is hardly made, as its based on a highly false myth. ASSOCIATION and the fact marijuana is illegal is the "gateway" since to acquire an illegal substance you deal with people that have access to, and the will to commit you to, other illegal substances. Take away this association and it's no longer a problem.

CivBase wrote:
Nope, but I know people who do.

you know people who know druggies? that kinda explains your total uninformed attitude.

CivBase wrote:
Yup, exactly why they don't use it for medicine anymore.

Michigan and California are just 2 states with legalized medical marijuana.

CivBase wrote:
That gives me oodles of hope when taking into concideration that DUIs are the 2nd leading cause in preventable deaths.

giving people DUIs causes death?

but I think you still missed my point. It being legal won't cause more people to drive under its influence.

CivBase wrote:
Yah, and the fact that they do nothing but kill you, don't forget that little tidbit.

Living kills you. Don't forget that. (otherwise read as: what you said was completely obvious and thusly not mentioned in the quoted statements)

CivBase wrote:

Stress release. Social lubrication. Both pretty good, among some others.
My main point of view is either both should be illegal or both legal. Mainly both legal.

CivBase wrote:
So why should we legalize it again? Just seems to make things worse. Just like saying "well, I know I'm already going to die earilier because I'm using marajuana... might as well add smoking and alcoholism to that! Screw my body up real good that way"

Because its BETTER than current legal things. Second, its a VERY LARGE business. A legal (ie. regulated) business can be taxed. Therefore marijuana sales would feed the economy, as well as reduce the amount of money led out of the country on drugs, both in no more mexican weed and in less hardcore drug use.

CivBase wrote:
Oh really? I don't see how something that does the folowing could reduce someone from hurting themselves.

None of those look like they'd increase the chance of someone hurting themselves. Furthermore, this is one of those cases where the science behind it doesn't translate much into the reality of the situation. People that are under the influence of marijuana tend to be very relaxed and chill, as well as very nonconfrontational.

CivBase wrote:
Yah, but according to the list above, it's not impossible to die of it's effects.

Same can be said of anything.
KristallNacht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:34 pm

Uhhhg...
Just spent an hour typing a response to NTs post, and it logged me out before I finished and killed all my work. Time to do it again...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next